Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Been Busy!

Hey Guys-

I've been so busy the last month between Christmas and New Year's.... and then add on Pittsburgh Restaurant Week, Beer & Whiskey Dinners, Lent, and Valentine's Day.  If that isn't enough, I am traveling to Paris on February 1 for vacation.   I have never been to Paris for vacation, although I did study there learning to  make different breads a while back.   We are staying at the Renaissance Hotel near the Arc De Triumph.  I have been doing some research, and I want to go to Frenchie, Le Chateaubriand, and a few other great restaurants.  Any suggestions on where I should eat or shop?  Also any other Parisian secrets?

Looking to February, I have the Lenten Fish Fry's underway.  We are going to be open for lunch on Fridays only during lent, so make sure you stop by.

I hope everyone enjoyed Pittsburgh Restaurant Week, and is looking forward to the upcoming months!  Don't forget to vote for us on PittsburghMagazine.com on the ballot for Best New Restaurant!

8 comments:

  1. I voted for you guys as Best New Restaurant in 2012! Best of luck to you all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. While visiting Paris we dines Restaurant Guy Savoy.

    We went for lunch and had the tasting menu. We were

    treated so well and the food was wonderful.

    Jo Ann Lyon

    FYI: We live on Penn Ave and visit both Nine on Nine and Meat and Potatoes often. Both are great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Jo Ann - We will take your advice in Paris and visit Guy Savoy. Hope to see you in the restaurant soon!

    -Chef Rick

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm going to Paris in the spring and would love to hear your thoughts on Le Chateaubriand. Have a great time in the City of Lights!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excited to hear where you ended up!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Rick, You should get some of the best 'meat and potatoes' while in Paris. My favorite is in Montparnasse, Le Plomb du Cantal, 3 rue de la GAIETE. Take the #6 subway from CHARLES DE-GAULLE ETOILE station to EDGAR QUINET station, Le Plomb is half a block from the station. This bistro is known for their Auvergne cusine and best aligot! Yum!

    Sorry about your Patriots! Ha!

    Enjoy, Dutch

    ReplyDelete